Site and Transport Safety
18 January 2024
Vehicle movements and loading and unloading vehicles can be some
of the most dangerous work activities organisations carry
This course will help you understand the legal requirements of
both road traffic law and workplace safety law, how and why things
go wrong, and how you can take practicable steps to reduce risk in
- Background for load securing
- Legal principles and UK and European requirements
- Use of the vehicle structure for load securing
- Lashing loads for safe road transport
- Responsibility and communication in the transport chain
- Working at height and fall prevention
- Vehicle/pedestrian separation and preventing incidents
- Risk assessment and systems of work for loading and
Who should attend?
Site managers and transport managers working in general haulage,
retail, warehousing and distribution.
The course will be run at the HSE Science and
Research Centre in the spa town of Buxton. Buxton is in the
heart of the Peak District and has good links to mainline train
stations and Manchester International Airport. This course can be
run at your site or local area by arrangement.
Details of hotels in the Buxton area can be found at www.visitbuxton.co.uk
£545 per person (includes course notes, certificate of
attendance and lunch/refreshments).
Please note that all courses must be paid for via credit
card at the time of booking.
Some of our training courses can also be delivered
in-company, please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Telephone: +44 (0)203 028 3704
Back to HSE Health and Safety Training Grouped Courses
Back to the top